Cruelty free makeup

by - February 16, 2020



It is becoming a lot more common for people to want to choose to go cruelty free in their makeup nowadays. I am starting to make a conscious effort to stay clear of brands that test on animals. I am also starting to try and transition my makeup collection to cruelty free.  

While researching cruelty free makeup brands I have discovered Cruelty-Free Kitty a beautiful informative website created by Suzi. It is the best online resource I have found. She has made a comprehensive list of brands that do and do not test on animals making it easy to find out if your favourite brands are harming animals to be made. I urge everyone to go check her website out for yourself, even if it is to just inform you on some of the issues and find out if your favourite products are cruelty free. Find the website here




1. The Body Shop
One of my most favourite brands, and an avid promoter for not testing products on animals. The Body Shop has also recently been bought by Natura&Co a Brazilian company that doesn't test on animals. They sell some of my favourite body butters my favourite scent being coconut. They also have a Drops of Youth range which is one of my favourites. They also sell amazing makeup, that I particularly love as The Body Shop is the first place I got my makeup done and purchased products from when I was younger. 

2. B by Superdrug

Superdrug's own MakeUp brand, B cosmetics offers high quality vegan and cruelty free makeup products. They aim to create a make up range that consists of products and knowledge for everyone to become their own makeup artist.    

3. Barry M

Beauty with compassion has been at the heart of Barry M since 1982. 'They are also proudly supporting Humane Society International's global Be Cruelty-Free campaign, the largest campaign in history to achieve a worldwide end to animal testing for cosmetics'. Barry M not only sell the best nail varnishes in my opinion my absolute favourites are Almond and Skinny dip. They also sell lots of other makeup and accessories.  

4. Lottie London

A relatively new brand that mainly produces nail polishes and makeup brushes, they are very open about being cruelty free. From their website "Lottie London is a cruelty free brand – our brushes are made with synthetic hair making them vegan friendly and easy to take care of. No animals were harmed in the making of our products, we love them too much!"
5. Revolution
Revolution do some of the best drugstore eyeshadow palettes with many different shades available at affordable prices. They are also 100% cruelty free and do not test any of their products on animals.

6. MUA Makeup academy

Not only do MUA state on their website, that none of their products or ingredients have been tested on animals. They also do minimum retouching on their photographs to try and show their products in real life situations. MUA have confirmed with The Vegan Taff that they are cruelty-free, and only export to China via their website (which means they are not subject to the same laws.)

7. GOSH

GOSH sells pretty much every kind of makeup you will ever need. Not only do they not test their ingredients or final products on animals making them cruelty free but on the Superdrug website there is also a range of products listed that are also suitable for vegans.  

8. Pixi

Pixi sell some of the most beautiful products and whenever I go into M&S I always go to have a browse to see anything that is new. The brands has become increasingly popular the past few years. They are 100% cruelty free, and also have some products that are vegan. They are most known for their glow tonic, which is an award winning product.

9. Soap & Glory

Soap and Glory sell some of my favourite drugstore makeup products. I absolutely love the Thick and lash lash extensions mascara. They also sell some amazing skincare such as the Clean on me and Sugar crush body scrub. They pride themselves on being a transparent company and not testing any products on animals.


xoxo
Isabelle

You May Also Like

0 comments